Spring break is just around the corner! This year, Hillsdale Christian Academy’s spring break is the week of March 12th to the 16th. Your kids may already be itching for that week-long break from studying. With a whole five days of rest from the classroom, they’ll be needing something to keep them busy. Tampa spring break activities are plentiful. Here are five fun things to do during spring break.
1) Check out the TECO manatee viewing area in Apollo Beach. Watch manatees swim, walk through a butterfly garden, and learn more about manatees in the environmental building. Climb the observation tower for a great view of Tampa Bay. Admission is free. Visiting Teco is a great way to get outdoors, enjoy local wildlife, and learn something new.
2) Take a trip to Weeki Wachee Springs State Park. There are tons of activities to do, from visiting animal exhibits to enjoying a calm boat ride to experiencing a live mermaid show. This state park offers a little bit of something for everyone.
3) Visit MOSI – the Museum of Science and Industry. Just because school is on break for a week, doesn’t mean your kids need to take a break from learning. This scientific playground offers over one hundred hands on activities and interactive exhibits. Marvel at the universe in the planetarium, try out the ropes course, and watch your student experiment. General admission prices are very affordable.
4) Explore the outdoors at Hillsborough River State Park. Enjoy the natural beauty of the Tampa area by taking a hike, paddling a canoe, or taking a bike ride. Pack a picnic lunch and have fun eating outside. Let your kids enjoy the fresh air and burn some energy on the playground. If you enjoy history, visit the historic fort.
5) Read. Spring break can be enjoyed right at home, too. This week provides a great opportunity to read with your child. Ask your student to read aloud to you or try a new book. If there is a movie based on the book, watch the movie together as a reward for reading the book, and maybe make some popcorn, too.
No matter what you choose to do, enjoy your spring break in Tampa. It’s a great week to enjoy springtime with your kids.